The Umbwe route has a well-deserved reputation of being the most challenging route on Mount Kilimanjaro. Approaching from the south, the Umbwe route is a short, steep and direct climb. After reaching Barranco Camp, the trail follows the southern circuit to the summit. The descent is done via the Mweka route. The major reason that Umbwe route is considered to be very difficult is its steepness in the first two days and its short time of acclimatization. This route is attempted by strong hikers who are also confident of their ability to acclimatize to the altitude.
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Professional English/French/Spanish guide
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- All Camping equipment
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Drinking water
- National park fees
- Transfer charges
- Airport pick up and drop off
- International flights
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance